Saturday, 26 September 2009

Milky Bar yoghurts and a cup of tea.

So today sees the end of the first week as a fresher at uni. And it's not agreeing with me. These early mornings and late nights will be the death of me...but I have got my timetable for the 5th of October onwards and it looks pretty darn good.
Monday: 12-2pm, Environmental Management. 3-5, Introducing Human Geographies.
Tuesday: 10am-1pm, Term 2 only, Field Activities.
Wednesday: Nowt.
Thursday: Nowt.
Friday: 10am-12pm, Principles of Sustainability. 12pm-3pm, Geographical Concepts and Practice.
So while I have to do a lot of boring things, I get like 3 days off a week. Good times. I do also have to pay £3000 for the privilege. Bad times.
I wonder what the point is sometimes though, getting this degree. I mean, once I've got it I may have a few more letters after my name and another qualification...but it wont give me the edge. And I'll be in debt. I do get despondent sometimes but I guess I just have to continue reminding myself that these 3 years in education are 3 more years that I don't have to get a full time job for. Chica chica yeeeeah!!!
I have spent the last week swinging between wanting to stay in bed all the time and wanting to go out and have a great time, getting drunk and doing naughty things. I have been a little ill, the Metformin I'm taking has side effects of giving you a dodgy tummy for like 2 weeks and unfortunately I am edhering to the statistics on this one. But I have been doing research about PCOS and metformin, and I learned that eating low GI foods can help me and also aid the process of losing weight. While this means that with a little shopping and lot of effort, I may start to actually look like a real person instead of Mr Blobby, it also means I have to eat stuff like Luke does. Like porridge, whole grain bread, cereal bars and museli. Mmmmm delish! I will feel like a squirrel by the end of it. Blergh.
So my loan came in today. Cheeky £2000? Schwing. I'm torn between buying a new phone or buying myself some style. I might have to go for style seeing as I'm fed up of wearing the same 4 tshirts. I am not very impressed with the choice in Topshop or H&M anymore though, they just miss the target every time and make things either too boring (H&M...) or too stupid and expensive (Topshop, every time. And who even likes the Kate Moss stuff anymore?) so I might have to try and find somewhere else to shop. No mean feat!
Anywho. It's time to go shower and buy food. Lates x

No comments:

Post a Comment